The UWE Bristol Partnership
Alexander College works in partnership with the University of the West of England in Bristol (UWE Bristol) and is the only college authorized to offer UWE Bristol Undergraduate and Postgraduate UK degree courses here in Cyprus. Since the partnership commenced in 2012, the University has remained the “highest ranking UK University offering degree courses in Cyprus” (Sources – ‘The Guardian UK University Rankings’ and ‘The Complete University Guide’).
Studying on a franchised UWE Bristol course at Alexander College means you are studying on the same course as students currently enrolled at the University of the West of England in the UK. Project briefs, grading systems, module credit values and other aspects of your chosen course are identical and so is the duration of the course – the fixed full time study duration on any of our UWE Bristol BA(Hons) courses is 3 years and between 12 and 16 months on any Master’s course.
The two main objectives of this collaboration was (1) to provide higher education standards in Cyprus through the delivery of UK degree programmes whilst providing a more convenient and less costly student experience compared to studying on the same course in the UK. And also, (2) to provide programmes ultimately resulting in internationally recognised UK University degrees. These objectives have now been fully realised since the graduation of our first cohort of students on UWE Bristol courses.
The following list provides an outline of just a few of the successful initiatives, schemes and improvements carried out by the University of the West of England before and after it’s collaboration with Alexander College but if you would like to know more, you can visit the UWE Bristol website.
- is the largest provider of Higher Education in the South West of England
- offers over 600 courses at Undergraduate, Postgraduate and short course levels
- has been certified with the Carbon Trust Standard.
- has Fair Trade Status.
- has the 6th most generous bursary scheme in the UK.
- offers more than £100,000 worth of scholarships for international students each year.
- is investing £300 million to improve the student experience – Projects include New Campus, Student Village, and Centre for Sport
- is ranked top new University for successful research applications
- has 3,400 interactions with 1,125 business and community organisations as a partnership university
- has won a number of awards and prizes including awards for sustainable buildings, Graduate Fashion Week, the Macmillan Illustration Prize and numerous successes at the annual New Designers exhibition.