1 Year (Full-time)
Training Qualifications, UK Diploma (TQUK)
Larnaca and Paphos
BA Degree in a Business Subject
Sufficient knowledge of the English language
A professionally challenging one-year programme for business graduates who wish to enter into the accounting and finance sector or progress to ACCA professional qualifications.
This qualification is currently the only one of its kind in the world. It is suitable for learners wishing to enter into the Accounting and Finance sector and also for individuals already currently working in this field. The course runs for just one year and upon successful completion, graduates are granted 9 exemptions of the 14 required professional examinations with ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants).
The qualification encourages learners to critically evaluate current academic concepts, theories and research in order to address key issues in Accounting and Finance. Learners will develop an understanding of current practice together with specialist analytical skills and knowledge in a range of aspects of financial management and accounting, and it specifically aims to:
- Provide an intensive, academically demanding and applied programme that both critically evaluates and synthesises current academic concepts, theories and research to address key issues in Accounting and Finance (AF).
- Equip students with specialist analytical skills and knowledge to take advantage of opportunities and minimise threats within the complex real world environment.
- Develop students’ problem-solving and decision-making skills and judgment in the field of AF.
- Facilitate students in the development of the deeper subject specific knowledge and skills in applied settings.
- Enable students to develop purposefully and refine their own comprehensive ‘toolbox’ of AF techniques and encouraging them to practice the application of such tools.
- Setting in place an approach to life-long learning and the acquisition of skills which will enable them to apply a structured and reflective approach to both their personal development and their contribution to society.
Enrolment and Duration
This is a 1 year full time programme comprising of 9 mandatory units and 1 optional unit. Each year commences in late September or in some cases, early October and runs for a period of 32 weeks. Students may enrol up to 2 weeks before the course starting date however early enrolment is advised as places are limited.
- have an honours degree, preferably in a Business related subject, from a recognised UK Higher Education institution or professional qualification or equivalent from a recognised overseas institution.
- be fluent in written and spoken English. Evidence needs to be provided where learners have studied in a University where English is not the official language.
This qualification is assessed through a portfolio of evidence of activities, which are developed by the College (subject to external quality assurance/verification by TQUK) and internally marked. These will include, group discussions, written assignments, case studies, question-and-answer sessions and also a 3-hour mandatory final examination at the end of each unit.
To achieve the TQUK award in Accounting and Finance, students will be required to complete all 9 mandatory units and one of the two optional units within the full duration of the course, earning a total of 120 credits. (See Course Structure)
This is an application form - not a registration form. By completing and submitting the form below you are under no obligation, you are simply giving us information which will speed up the administration process if and when you decide to register officially. Your submitted form will be reviewed and we will contact you within the next 3 business days to discuss your application. All of the information you submit here will be treated as confidential and will under no circumstances be shared with any third parties for any other purpose.If you have any questions or would prefer to apply in person, you can Contact Us to book an appointment.