[accordion_toggle title=”GENERAL INFORMATION”]
What is the general phone number and mailing address for Alexander College?
For more information about Alexander College/ University of the West of England call at 24 532373 or send an email to email@example.com.
[accordion_toggle title=”STUDYING AT Alexander College/UWE”]
What courses does Alexander College/ University of the West of England offers?
Alexander College/UWE offers undergraduate courses (BA Hons) on Graphic Design, Interior Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Photography, Fine Art, Fashion, Business Management, Law and Criminology.
The postgraduates programs (MA) are Design(Interior, Photography, Graphic), Education and MSc Business Management.
How do I apply to Alexander College/ University of the West of England?
You will be required to complete an application form.
Following completion of the application form, you will need to submit the documents listed below for registration.
Subsequently, once the College receives the full set of documents; your application will be processed. Upon successful approval, a letter of acceptance and an invoice for student registration fees will be issued.
What registration documents do I need in order to be accepted at Alexander College/UWE?
The First year Students need: a High School Leaving Certificate, a photocopy of id. card/passport, evidence of proficiency in the English Language (GCSE Grade C or IELTS score 6.0), 4 passport size photographs, evidence of current address (e.g. Electricity/water or telephone bill).
What registration documents required for the transfer students?
The Transfer Students need: the transcript of prior study, portfolio of work, High School Leaving Certificate, a photocopy of your id. card/passport, evidence of proficiency in the English Language (GCSE Grade C or IELTS score 6.0), 4 passport size photographs, evidence of current address (e.g. Electricity/water or telephone bill).
When do I pay the tuition and fees?
The tuition policy states that both Undergraduate as well as Postgraduate programs are to be paid in six installments, with the final payment being completed by April. On the day of registration, the student must submit the amount of €1,000 for enrollment in a graduate field of study and the amount of €1500 for enrollment in a postgraduate field of study. In both cases, the money will be deducted from the overall tuition costs.
COOPERATIVE CENTRAL BANK LTD
CUSTOMER: ALEXANDER COLLEGE LTD
IBAN: CY74 0070 3430 0000 0000 4004 1545
All students can qualify for the “Student grand”?
To qualify for a state grant a student must be: a Cypriot or an EU citizen residing in the Republic of Cyprus with his/her family for the last 30 months.
Students who are non-Cypriot and non-EU citizens may also apply for a state grant on the condition that they:
- have at least one parent that is a Cypriot or EU citizen employed in the Republic of Cyprus
- are graduates of a Cypriot high school
- are residents in the Republic of Cyprus with his/her family for the last 30 months
Students applying for a state grant will also be required to provide financial evidence demonstrating that they meet the minimum family income criteria set forth by the Cyprus Ministry of Finance.
Please contact the Cyprus Ministry of Finance for more information on grants at Tel: (++357) 22602723.
What submitting documents need for international students?
The international students need to submit the following with the appropriate stamps (depending on your country of origin):
- A photocopy of your passport which includes all information such as name, date of birth, passport number, passport issue date and expiry date.
- A photocopy of your secondary and higher secondary school certificates and grades. Both must be translated into English and be attested.
- A medical report stating that you are free from any illness including Tuberculosis, Hepatitis B and C, HIV/AIDS 1 and 2, Syphilis (2 months validity).
- A chest X-Ray report (2 months validity).
- A police clearance certificate stating that you are clear from any criminal convictions (3 months validity).
- A bank certificate which states your sponsor’s name and your relationship with the sponsor (father, mother, uncle, etc) and must also state that the sponsor has more than € 7000 in his/her account and is able and willing to support your studies and expenses abroad.
Note 1: The above documents must be stamped by:
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs (all except Medical Report)
- Ministry of Health (the Medical Report)
- Cyprus Consulate (all documents after the 2 above stamps)
Applications from countries which have signed the Hague Convention of 5 October 1961 require the Apostile Attestation and not the stamps mentioned in Note 1 (i, ii and iii).
Note 2: The above requirements may change according to Cyprus Migration regulations
[accordion_toggle title=”RESOURCES AND FACILITIES”]
When can I use the Alexander College library?
The library is staffed on a full time basis and is open all day from 9:00am till 6:30pm from Monday to Thursday. Friday is open from 9:00am till 1:30pm.
Does the College have any educational support?
On entry all students starting first year undertake appropriate initial assessment. Support is then agreed and provided if required. Upon registration students receive the Student Handbook with all necessary support information.
Staff Expertise in Teaching and supporting Students with Disabilities
All members of staff are briefed on the needs of disable persons at the start of the academic year.
Additional Educational Support
Additional assistance such as a sign language communicator is provided at early notification.
Arrangements for Examinations/Assessment
The nature of arrangements for examinations or assessment is based on the particular circumstance of the student.
Can Alexander College help me with my accommodation?
The College works closely with agents to offer convenient housing services close to the campus. For more information contact the College’s Students Affairs Office.