A professionally challenging one-year course for business graduates who wish to enter into the accounting and finance sector or progress to ACCA professional qualifications.
|Course Title||Level 6 Diploma in Accounting and Finance|
|Awarding Body||TQUK (Training Qualifications, UK)|
|Study Mode||Full time|
|Credits||120 (UK Credits)|
|Entry Requirements||See Entry Requirements below|
|Campus||Larnaca and Paphos|
|Language of Instruction||English|
|Tuition Fees||€6950 (€650 Registration fee + €700 per module)|
|Next Start Date||October 2019|
This qualification is currently the only one of its kind in the world! The Accounting and Finance programme is suitable for business graduates wishing to enter work or are currently working in the accounting and finance sector. The course runs for just one year and upon successful completion, graduates are granted 9 exemptions of the 14 required professional examinations with ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants). The Accounting and Finance programme is available for study at both Alexander College campuses in Larnaca and Paphos. The course encourages learners to critically evaluate current academic concepts, theories and research in order to address key issues in Accounting and Finance. Learners will develop an understanding of current practice together with specialist analytical skills and knowledge.
To be admitted into this programme, learners should either have an honours degree, preferably in a Business related subject or a professional qualification (or equivalent) from a recognised UK or overseas Higher Education institution and be fluent in written and spoken English. Evidence needs to be provided where learners have studied in a University where English is not the official language.
This qualification is assessed through a portfolio of evidence of activities, which are developed by the College (subject to external quality assurance/verification by TQUK) and internally marked. These will include, group discussions, written assignments, case studies, question-and-answer sessions and also a 3-hour mandatory final examination at the end of each unit.
- To provide an intensive, academically demanding and applied programme that both critically evaluates and synthesises current academic concepts, theories and research to address key issues in Accounting and Finance.
- To equip students with specialist analytical skills and knowledge to take advantage of opportunities and minimise threats within the complex real-world environment.
- To develop students’ problem-solving and decision-making skills and judgment in the field of Accounting and Finance.
- To facilitate students in the development of the deeper subject-specific knowledge and skills in applied settings.
- To enable students to develop purposefully and refine their own comprehensive ‘toolbox’ of Accounting and Finance techniques and encouraging them to practice the application of such tools.
- To set in place an approach to life-long learning and the acquisition of skills which will enable them to apply a structured and reflective approach to both their personal development and their contribution to society.