Data Protection-General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679
In accordance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679 and any other relating legislation, Alexander College is the Processor of such Personal and/or Sensitive Data. Accordingly, Alexander College may gather and process personal data only for the sole purpose of providing the services requested by Alumni (internship/work). Alexander College may pass/process personal data to a third party to the extent that this is required as a contractual necessity, on the ground of legal obligations, and legitimate interest.
The personal data will be recorded in an electronic or any other form to the personal data filing system(s), within the meaning of the Law, maintained by Alexander College or by any other company or person with which co-operation exists and/or an agreement is in force.
The recipients of the personal data shall be the duly authorised personnel of Alexander College and of any other company or person with which co-operation exists and/or an agreement is in force.
Alumni have the right to:
- Request a copy of their Personal Data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables them to receive a copy of the personal information Alexander College holds about them and to check that the College is lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the Personal Data that the College holds about them.
- Request the erasure of Personal Data. Alumni may ask Alexander College to delete or remove Personal Data where there is no good reason for the College continuing to process it. Alumni may also request that the College stops processing Personal Data where the College is relying on a legitimate interest and there is something about their particular situation which permits an object to processing on this ground.
- Request the restriction of processing of Personal Data for example until its accuracy or the reason for processing it is more clearly established.
- Request the transfer of Personal Data to another party.
- Alumni who wish to review, verify, correct or request erasure of Personal Data, object to the processing of Personal Data, or request that the College transfers a copy of Personal Data to another party, they may contact the College’s DPO.
Further information regarding data protection can be found in our Student/Alumni data collection notice.