Alexander College promotes research and research quality as an important component of its mission. Research, learning & teaching at Alexander College take account of the national context, the institutional context and our strategic approach. It is based on the perspective that research is an exciting quest and adds value to skills generated by Higher Education. We make research fit our teaching and learning. We encourage scholarly activity to strengthen the link between education and research through a series of means:
- Through Curriculum which encourages students to explore existing and discover new knowledge
- Through Facilities which offer incentives to apply and seek knowledge
- Through enhancing Research development of academics and structured cooperation with Organizations
To foster research culture and activity in the academic and student community of Alexander College.
To develop socially beneficial research activity which will embrace the academic community, the economy and the society.
To form consortiums of cooperation with organizations and services designing research.
Regulations and procedures of research work
- To foster research culture and activity in the academic and student community of Alexander College
- To develop socially beneficial research activity which will encompass the academic community, the economy and the society
- To form consortiums of cooperation with organizations and services designing research proposals
Aims & Objectives
- The promotion of research, innovation and critical studies in connection with the educational mission of Alexander College
- The dedication in the fields of economy, design, law, arts and culture, education, information technology, international and European relations and the cooperation between the Cypriot communities.
- The conduct of surveys and research, seminars, conferences, symposiums, training, publications, partnerships and collaborations with other organizations to promote the above objectives.
- The promotion of interdisciplinary research, cooperation among peers and other institutions, academics and generally people of letters and arts
- Request Form for Internal Funding/Items Purchase
- Research Sponsorship Request Form
- Application for Programme Approval by The Review Bioethics Committee (Rbc)
Research projects by Alexander College faculty members and students involving human and animal subjects follow standards that assure confidentiality and ethical treatment. All research must conform to moral, deontological, social, humanistic and legal dimensions.
You are advised to ask the Research Centre Directorate for further info on research ethics.
Council of Europe
Directive 95/46/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 24 October 1995 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data