UK Undergraduate and Postgraduate degree courses in Cyprus
Why study on a UWE Bristol Course at Alexander College?
- The College works closely with the University of the West of England (UWE Bristol) to offer you recognised UK degrees
- UWE Bristol is the highest ranking UK University to offer degrees on the island
- Studying on a UK course in Cyprus means half the cost of living and studying in the UK
- The College is situated in a safe environment
- Equipped with the latest technology and facilities
- The College works closely to industry via real-life projects, helping you to obtain experience and confidence before directly entering the professional area of your chosen subject
- Small classes so you can benefit from your lecturers attention
- Guidance in the development of working skills ready for industry
- Cyprus climate – warm and sunny at least 300 days of the year
Welcome to Cyprus
- Location: Mediterranean island in South East Europe
- Area: 9,250 sq km
- Population: 850,000
- Capital: Nicosia
- Climate: Temperate; Mediterranean with hot, dry summers and cool winters
- Currency: Euro
Cyprus is endowed with virgin green forests, beautiful beaches and other natural wonders. The environment here is one of the healthiest in the world, free from pollution and the other ill-effects of industrialized countries. The crime rate on the island is also extremely low. Cyprus enjoys a wonderful Mediterranean climate. Even during the light rainy season in the colder winter months, Cyprus is still sunny on most days. Temperatures range from 8oC (42oF) during the coldest months, to around 35oC (96oF) in the summer.
Since May 2004, Cyprus has been a member of the European Union thus bridging Europe to the Middle East and the rest of the world. Having emerged as one of the region’s leading business and financial centres, the island enjoys competitive advantages in areas such as tourism, consultancy, telecommunications, realty, property development, shipping, banking and insurance.
Cyprus provides an ideal setting for higher education, it is no wonder that it has become a major international education centre, attracting scholars and students from all over the world. This cultural diversity makes it a forum for international understanding and peace.
Cypriot Events & Festivals
In your free time you can attend any one of the numerous events taking place such as the Carnival that takes place all over the island (March) or the Festival of the Flood (June) – A unique Cypriot celebration which coincides with Pentecost and is marked by festivities at all seaside towns. In addition to these you can also enjoy Day of Music (June), the Shakespeare Festival (June) which is outdoors at the ancient Kourion. The International Larnaca Festival (July) The Cyprus Rally (May), The Annual Limassol Wine Festival – which is a traditional festival at Municipal Gardens with local food, traditional music, dance and free Cyprus wines plus many more events through out the year. In the winter months you can visit the Troodos mountains where people gather from all over the island to ski, snow board or just to relax. There is always something going on all over the island, all year round.
Living in Larnaca
Larnaca is a well kept, clean town and a hospitable and safe place to live. It is a town of leisure and entertainment and the friendly nature of its inhabitants makes it easy for you to settle in quickly, meet people and make friends.
Larnaca is alive with activity. The town centre is conveniently located within walking distance from the beach, a ten-minute drive from the Airport and just 3km from the College. On any day of the week you can watch the latest films at the multi screen cinema complex, attend a range of plays, go to the theatre, the beach or for a mini cruise, watch or play sports, go bowling, have a drink at one of the many bars or clubs and enjoy a range of local and international cuisine, including Chinese, Indian, Japanese, Italian, Thai, Lebanese, Mexican and of course, Greek.
How to apply
1. Initial Application
After you have completed a college application form, you will need to submit photocopies of the following attested documents for the College to assess if you are eligible for entry on to our courses:
Please Note: All attested documents must be translated to English and should carry the name, phone number, fax number and e-mail address of the translator.
- A photocopy of your passport which clearly displays your name, date of birth, passport number, passport issue date and expiry date. Your passport must be valid for at least 2 years from the date of your application.
- A photocopy of your secondary and higher secondary school certificates and grades. Your transcript must indicate a 50% average overall grade or higher and a PASS in the subjects relevant to the course you wish to study. These documents must be translated into English and attested (no stamps are needed at this stage).
After these documents have been approved by the college, a Conditional Offer will be issued and sent to you.
2. Submitting Documents
After stage 1 has been completed, you will need to submit the following with the appropriate stamps (depending on your country of origin):
- A photocopy of your passport which includes all information such as name, date of birth, passport number, passport issue date and expiry date.
- A photocopy of your secondary and higher secondary school certificates and grades. Both must be translated into English and be attested.
- A medical report from government hospital stating that you are free from any illness including Tuberculosis, Hepatitis B and C, HIV/AIDS 1 and 2, Syphilis (2 months validity).
- A police clearance certificate stating that you are clear from any criminal convictions (3 months validity).
- A bank certificate which states your sponsor’s name and your relationship with the sponsor (father, mother, uncle, etc) and must also state that the sponsor has more than € 7000 in his/her account and is able and willing to support your studies and expenses abroad plus a six month bank statement.
*Documents from C-E must be original
Note 1: The above documents must be stamped by:
i) Ministry of Foreign Affairs (all except Medical Report)
ii) Ministry of Health (the Medical Report)
iii) Cyprus Consulate (all documents after the 2 above stamps)
Applications from countries which have signed the Hague Convention of 5 October 1961 require the Apostile Attestation and not the stamps mentioned in Note 1 (i, ii and iii).
Note 2: The above requirements may change according to Cyprus Migration regulations each semester. In the event of any change, the College will inform you in due time.
3. Processing the Documents
- After the College receives the full set of documents with all the appropriate stamps, you will receive an Un-conditional offer with a Bank Transfer Letter in order for you to transfer the application fee of €150. This fee is non-refundable and is not included in the tuition fees.
- Once the College has received the application fee, your application will be sent to the Migration Authorities for approval.
- After your documents have been examined and approved by the Migration Authorities, the visa will immediately issued by the Migration Authority
4. Payment Procedure
As soon as your visa is granted you will receive a Bank Transfer Letter in order for you to transfer your full tuition fee to the College Bank account. When the transfer is complete a copy of your visa will be send to you in order to travel and present it at Larnaca International Airport.
Bank: Societe Generale Cyprus
Account no.: 067001360070692015
IBAN: CY 51012000067001360070692015
5. Arriving in Cyprus
When you arrive in Cyprus, you must hold the following:
- Original passport and original school certificates
- € 2000 (minimum) cash in hand.
- The College Un-Conditional Offer.
- The Tuition Fee Bank Transfer Receipt and the College Tuition Fee Receipt
- The copy of the visa sent by the College
6. Temporary Student Resident Permit
After you have arrived and registered at the College you will be required to present all the above documents in order to apply for your Student Residence Permit. Upon registration you will also have some extra expenses in the amount of between €600 – €1000 (depending on your country of origin) for the following requirements:
- Medical Insurance
- Alien Book Fee (Paid to Immigration)
- Immigration Registration fee (Paid to Immigration)
- Medical Examinations
- College Guarantee.