Main Criteria that you have to fulfill to enter the Erasmus+ programme for studies and/or traineeships
- Must be a full-time student at Alexander College, Bachelor or Master Degree.
- Students must have completed their 1styear of studies, and proceed to year 2 or 3. Master students under exceptional cases may also apply.
- Students must have good attendance record and decent academic average grade.
- Character will be assessed through professors’ feedback.
- By the time that the selection process will take place the student must have no pending matters with Alexander College eg. Tuiton fees, assignments, library etc.
Before the mobility
Stage 1: Fill in the ‘Participation request form’, and submit it on time (digitally and hard copy). A student can select up to 3 Universities and he/she must clarify their first University preference, this does not mean, though, that the student will be send to his/her first choice University.
Stage 2: Students will receive an email from Alexander College that will state if they have been accepted to participate in the Erasmus+ programme and in which University they will be nominated to be sent to. If the student agrees with the selection, Alexander College will proceed by nominating the student to the perspective receiving University. If the student wishes to go to a different University this can only be possible if there are available spots and if the subjects area are common.
Stage 3: When the student has been nominated, she/he is responsible to take the following steps:
- Completes and sends to the receiving University the necessary documentary evidence, this must be done on time and the documents must be fill in, in accordance to the guidelines and rules stated.
- The completion of this stage lies explicitly on the responsibility of the student.
- The student shall inform the Erasmus+ Officer if any issues are raised.
Stage 4: Before his/her departure the student must submit to the Erasmus+ Office the following documents:
- Scanned or the original copy of the Learning Agreement signed by both Universities.
- Copy of Duration of Studies and Academic Calendar or any other documents from Receiving University which will state the exact dates of mobility. The dates must be the same as the ones mentioned in the Learning Agreement.
- Copy of your IBAN account in which the student will receive the Erasmus+ grant. The student must be the sole beneficiary or the co-beneficiary.
- Copy of European Health Insurance Card.
- Copy of academic ID (must not expire during the time of mobility).
- Copy of national ID or passport.
Stage 5: The student is required to take the Online Language Test as it has been agreed in the Learning Agreement.
During the mobility
During the mobility if there are exceptional reasons the student is allowed to make changes in the Learning Agreement i.e. to change / substitute subjects. To make the changes the student must fill in tables A2 and B3 of the Learning Agreement within reasonable time (depends on each University how much time is given) and must send the new Learning Agreement to both Universities.
For changes to be approved the new Learning Agreement must be signed by both Universities.
After the mobility
Stage 1: When the student completes the Erasmus+ mobility she/he must submit to Alexander College Erasmus+ Office the following documents:
- Learning Agreement signed by both Universities.
- Transcript of Records (The student is responsible to receive the Transcript of Record before his/her departure).
- Certificate of Attendance.
Stage 2: The student fills in the Evaluation Form which will receive from Alexander College.
Stage 3: The student is required to take the Online Language Test again.
Stage 4: The student receives a certificate from Alexander College which states the subjects recognized and the amount of ECTS earned during the mobility.
How to enter the Erasmus+ programme for traineeships
Erasmus+ Mobility for traineeships is the European Union promoted student mobility programme which gives students a chance to broaden their vocational and training curriculum by working abroad in any public sector company or a private commercial enterprise located in European Union countries that have joined the Erasmus+ Programme.
- The duration of a traineeship is 2 – 12 months and all register students are allowed to participate. Graduate students are also allowed to participate for up to a year following their graduation taking into consideration that they have applied before their graduation.
- Students will be informed on the open calls through the Alexander College website and an email will also be send to them from the Erasmus+ Officer. Announcements will mention by when the expression of interest must be expressed.
- Students are responsible to find the traineeship by themselves.
- Students who are approved for a traineeship will need to find their traineeship by the date agreed with the Alexander College. Failure to do so means that they will lose their place and that place will be given to another student.
Students may search for traineeships in the following websites